Sunday, April 3, 2016

Let's Color Bella!! Markers or Pencils??


I have always loved to color and now it is cool for adults to have their own coloring books. Someone decided grown ups coloring in pictures was relaxing and a distraction from the real world or a problem. Everywhere I go I can purchase adult coloring books. My iPhone has several apps to color pictures-even for free!! When I was returning home last November from the IQF Houston Quilt Show my flight was canceled and I spent more time than I would have wished in the airport. My coloring app saved my mental state of mind and I made some pretty pictures. 
I decided to adapt my Bella pattern to a coloring book page. The first photo is colored in with Sharpie pens. I had no beiges and browns for skin tones so Bella is very pale!
In the second photo I used colored pencils which gave me more variety but less coverage. I had fun!! I am asking your opinion about my coloring page. Should I do more of this and adapt some of my other patterns as well? If I sold these as single pages what would you pay per page-$.50 or $1.00 or other? Thanks for the input!    
   


2 comments: